Piercy&Company is looking for a talented communications manager to join our London studio.
Piercy&Company is a London based practice of over 75 architects, designers, researchers and strategists working within a studio space we designed to support our passion for materials, form, technology and craft. We describe our studio as a total design house, a place for active production, dialogue and research. It is an intra and interdisciplinary workshop and the interactions that happen in the areas between and within disciplines are an important ingredient in our work.
With a range of architectural, interior and product design projects coming to completion, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and well connected communications manager to promote these projects whilst helping articulate and share our vision more widely.
The successful candidate will be experienced in a similar role (at least 5 years post university), have excellent written communication skills and a talent for expressing architectural and design concepts in the written word.
Whilst the focus is written communications, a good eye for visuals and the ability to link visuals with the written word is highly desirable.
The communications manager will be responsible for press releases, website and social media content, collating and editing thought leadership and research pieces, award entries and generally promoting awareness of the studio and our projects. The communications manager will also be required to feed into the bidding and pitching process, however, this is not a new business role.
The communications manager will work closely with our external PR consultant and senior management team, helping plan and implement communications strategies for both the studio and individual projects.
Required skills and experience:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and a sense of curiosity
- Collaborative approach with the ability to foster strong internal and external relationships
- Globally aware and well read with an understanding of current and future influences on architecture and design
- A calm approach with the ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines
- A working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is essential. Graphic design/layout skills in addition to written communication skills is a highly desirable added extra (but not essential)
- Experienced with social media channels, website content management and associated analytics
- A good eye for bringing together the written word with the visual
This role would suit someone with proven experience in a similar role within the architectural industry, or someone coming from architectural PR or journalism.
The role will (post-lockdown) be based in our London studio, with some flexibility around partial working from home.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
To apply, please digitally submit the following:
• A cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the position
The above documents should be attached as PDF’s (no links to file sharing applications) and emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager Application” as the subject heading. Due to lockdown we are unable to accept hard copy applications.
Please note we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview. We will be asking interviewees to share examples of their past work.
By submitting your application to us, you are providing Piercy&Company with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.
Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Application deadline: we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, so please apply at the earliest opportunity.