Senior Interior Designer
Piercy&Company is looking for a creative Senior Interior Designer to join our London studio.
We describe our studio as a total design house, a place for active production, dialogue and research. It is an intra and interdisciplinary workshop and the interactions that happen in the areas between and within disciplines are an important ingredient in our work.
Within this intra-disciplinary approach, we have recently established an interiors and furniture focused Design Studio and are seeking a talented senior weight interior designer to join that studio. Our work crosses sectors so we are looking for someone who has worked across workplace, hospitality and residential projects, and who, ideally, has experience in furniture design and production.
The successful candidate will be a thoughtful and creative designer who can successfully coordinate a design team and communicate design ideas to a range of audiences. The candidate must have an excellent understanding of interior architecture, FF&E and the ability to take a project from pitch and concept through to completion. The candidate must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of construction practices and current UK building regulations.
The position offers responsibility for the design, management and coordination of the multiple and simultaneous projects. The position will also work collaboratively with other teams within Piercy&Company to advise on FF&E and interiors on architectural projects.
Applicants will need to demonstrate they have:
- A minimum of eight years post degree experience
- Tertiary qualifications in interior design or architecture from a recognised institution
- Very strong design skills and an excellent eye for detail
- Proficiency working on projects from concept through to completion, including experience in UK procurement and construction
- Experience in design team coordination, client liaison and in managing and developing a team
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills and the ability to research and interpret client briefs
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3D Visualisation skills
- Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of products
- Strong capability in managing specifications, budgets and timelines
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
To apply, please digitally submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Portfolio highlighting previous projects and your role on them
The above documents should be attached as PDF’s (no links to file sharing applications) and emailed to: email@example.com with “Senior Interior Designer Application” as the subject heading. Due to lockdown we are unable to accept hard copy applications.
Please note we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.
By submitting your application to us, you are providing Piercy&Company with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.
Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Application deadline: we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible.