Senior Interior Designer
Piercy&Company is looking for a creative and talented Senior Interior Designer to join our London studio.
The Piercy&Company studio is a place for active production, dialogue and research. It is an intra and interdisciplinary workshop and the interactions that happen in the areas between disciplines are an important ingredient in our work. We are now recruiting a Senior Interior Designer to join our London team.
We are looking for a natural and talented designer with excellent attention to detail as well as a passion and depth of knowledge for the subject. The candidate should have well rounded experience covering concept design, detailed design, tender drawings and construction.
Our work crosses sectors, so the successful candidate will be someone with experience leading projects across workplace, hospitality and residential projects.
The role will include developing design concepts in both 3D (Rhino) and 2D (microstation), creating client presentations and reports, mood boards, developing material and FF&E strategies and schedules, managing FF&E procurement as well as joinery packages. Additionally, the senior designer will collaborate with the studio leaders on the design of bespoke furniture and be responsible for taking the designs through development and manufacture.
The candidate must be able to confidently engage in the design process using hand sketching, model making, 3D modelling (preferably Rhino), CGI and microstation.
The role will often be client facing and so requires a clear and compelling communication style.
Applicants will need to demonstrate they have:
- Very strong design skills and an excellent eye for detail
- Proficiency working on projects from concept through to completion
- Proven working knowledge of new build interior construction and refit projects, including FF&E procurement — materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and manufacturers
- Experience in design team coordination
- Client liaison and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills and the ability to research and interpret client briefs
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- 3D Visualisation skills (Rhino and Enscape)
- Revit is an advantage
- Excellent, encyclopedic and up-to-date knowledge of products and materials
- A minimum of six years post bachelor degree experience
- Tertiary qualifications in interior design or architecture or a related discipline from a recognised institution
To apply, please digitally submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Portfolio highlighting previous projects and your role on them
The above documents should be attached as PDF’s (no links to file sharing applications) and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Interior Designer Application” as the subject heading. We are unable to accept hard copy applications.
By submitting your application to us, you are providing Piercy&Company with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
Piercy&Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Application deadline: we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, though we understand that an immediate start may not be possible in all cases.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applicants we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.