Regent QuarterEndurance Land / Nan Fung Life Science Real Estate
A life-science led 3.5 acre mixed-use estate in the heart of King’s Cross.
Endurance Land / Nan Fung Life Science Real Estate
A mixed-use 3.5-acre site east of King’s Cross station, Regent Quarter is part of developer Endurance Land’s ten-year vision to revitalise the estate. The second phase of Endurance Land’s plans, our studio was commissioned to improve the estate’s public realm and three existing buildings - Jahn Court, Times House and Laundry Buildings - to create an exciting new future for the estate.
Working closely with public realm specialists, Publica, we carefully investigated the existing granular scale of the site and its series of interconnected yards, courtyards and alleyways to improve access and permeability. Our approach focused on developing public spaces of different sizes, uses and characters that can serve the surrounding community and workers and visitors to the area.
To celebrate the characterful nature of the existing Victorian brick warehouses, our approach was to refit and repair. Retaining high-quality heritage spaces where they already existed, we looked to reconfigure low-quality and inefficient buildings to create a series of new additions that complement and enhance the existing heritage context.
At street level a mix of uses will activate the area, including new restaurant, retail and leisure units. The upper floors will include life science labs and workspaces of varying sizes and specifications, to attract a diverse range of organisations and ensure a dynamic mix of visitors to the estate.
- Endurance Land / Nan Fung Life Science Real Estate
- King's Cross, London
- Gross Floor Area:
- 141,633 sq ft of workspace; 11,724 sq ft of retail and leisure space
- Planning approved
- Publica, Public Realm
- Arup, Structural Engineer
- Jackson Coles, Principal Designer
- Gardiner & Theobald, Project Manager
- Turley, Heritage & Townscape
- Savills, Planning Consultant
- Norman Disney & Young, Building Services, Fire Engineer, Sustainability and Lighting
- Scotch Partners, Acoustics
- RGP, Highways Consultant
- Access=Design, Access Consultant
- Point 2 Surveyors, Daylight / Sunlight
- Toren, Security Consultant
- MKA Ecology, Ecology
- Alinea, Cost Consultant
- Piercy&Company, Visualisations