25 Savile RowDerwent London
More than a new headquarters; the project took on a symbolic role of expressing Derwent London’s passion for design.
25 Savile Row
Piercy&Company were commissioned for the refurbishment of the whole building at 25 Savile Row as well as for the fit-out of Derwent London's new offices. With a brief to express the company's ethos throughout, Piercy&Company worked collaboratively with Derwent London on everything from the larger architectural interventions through to the design of furniture and the smallest details of door handles, handrails and lighting.
Spread over three floors in an L-shaped building, the offices include a dedicated street level entrance, reception and exhibition area, meeting rooms, break-out spaces, open plan offices, terraces and staff eating areas. Additional space in the building was created by adding a winter garden - a glazed extension to the rear of the building at first floor level housing informal meeting and break-out space - and external terraces off the ground and second floor, providing informal outdoor space for employees.
The most significant structural intervention was the cutting of a three-storey atrium through the floor slabs and the suspension of a sculptural stair. The stair opened up the circulation routes, connecting what were once isolated floors and departments by making the journey between floors inviting and easy. On each floor, informal collaborative and social spaces are located next to the stair to further stimulate interaction and visually connect departments.
- Derwent London
- West End, London
- Gross Floor Area:
- 38,000 sqft
- Completed January 2018
- RIBA National Award
- RIBA London Award, 2018
- BD Office Architect of the Year, 2018
- FX Interior Design Award Workspace Environment Small, 2018
- FX FX Interior Design Award UK Project of the Year, 2018
- AJ Architecture Awards Refurb of the Year (Up to £20m), 2018
- Blackburn & Co, Project Manager
- Akera Engineers, Structural Engineer
- Hilson Moran, Services Engineer
- Exigere, Cost Consultant
- Montresor Partnership LLP, Façade Engineer
- Knight Harwood, Main Contractor
- Pritchard Themis, Lighting Design
- Excel Architectural Engineering, Specialist Metalwork
- Bespoke Joinery and Furniture, Benchmark Furniture & Bill Amberg Studio
- Hugo Dalton, Artwork
- Hufton + Crow, Photography
- Jack Hobhouse, Photography